Ames Bookshelf Loudspeaker
You’ve read “a big sound from a small package” before, but if you haven’t heard the Ames monitor, you need to discover what you’re missing from a diminutive (another word for small) loudspeaker that truly delivers a wide spectrum of sound. Listen to what acoustic suspension technology does for your music, a fitting shout out to the street it is named for. The Ames loudspeaker is a 2-way acoustic suspension design, featuring woven Kevlar drivers with powder-coated die-cast aluminum baskets, braided tinsel leads, custom-designed crossovers, an anodized aluminum tweeter with linear response faceplate, and much more, and all in finished MDF, painted in white and Black Satin.
- 2-Way acoustic suspension system with 1 x 4” Woven Kevlar® mid/bass driver and a high performance 1” Anodized Aluminum tweeter with a linear response faceplate.
- Butyl rubber surrounds and braided tinsel leads on all drivers.
- White and Black Satin Finish Only
- MDF construction featuring custom-designed internal low resonance driver chambers and bracing optimized through finite element analysis.
- Powder-coated die-cast aluminum driver baskets, featuring oversized magnets for superior control and output.
- Brushed aluminum tweeter faceplate and driver fascia.
- 5-WAY BINDING POST
- Custom multi-element crossovers with high-grade components to ensure smooth and natural transition between drivers.
- Magnetic Grilles featuring a custom honeycomb design with NO visible fasteners for durability & a flawless appearance.
- Frequency response: 60Hz-23KHz +/- 3dB.
- Sensitivity: 87.5dB.
- Power handling: 150 watts.
- Impedance: 8Ω.
- Crossover point: 2.5KHz.
- Dimensions: 7.5” x 4.75” x 6” (H x W x D).
- Weight: 5 lbs.